IC Sport History Sources
These sources are located in the College Archives, located on the fifth floor of the Gannett Center. The records below may be used only by asking the Archivist for access.
- The Cayugan and earlier versions of the Conservatory and College's yearbooks are available. They contain information and usually images on the teams for the year.
- Catalogs are useful for determining the course provided for instruction in sport and student requirements for participation.
- Press releases and news clippings
- These view sports at the College through the eyes of the media. Ithaca Journal clippings are stored in the scrapbook collection.
- The Ithacan (now available full text online), the Once-A-Week, and the Key-Note
- Student newspapers that include information about sports teams and activities.
- Sports publications
- Most intercollegiate teams have game programs or general guides produced annually. Most of the publications series is 1950's -1970's, with a few earlier and a few later.
- There are photographs in addition to the images in the yearbooks for many sports. There are a very few moving picture images which may be available on videotape. (1922 summer camp, for example)
- AUTHOR: Yavits, Isadore. TITLE: The Ithaca College of my time : the transition from the Seneca Gym to the New South Hill Campus / by Professor Isadore Yavits.
- History of the Bomber name
- A page compiled from sources in the College Archives.