Circulation/Multimedia Student Assistant (Spring 2015)
The Circulation/Multimedia Student Assistant works at the Circulation or Multimedia Desk checking Library materials out, and receiving items in, from users. This position does not supervise other student assistants.
- Answer the desk phone and greet visitors
- Answer questions/explain policies pertaining to fines/fees/recalls/due dates
- Accept electronic fine payments
- Check out/in library materials, interlibrary loans, reserves, laptops and peripherals
- Deliver books to other departments on campus
- Fill public copiers with paper/toner, clear jams, as needed
- Assist patrons with scanning/copier/microfilm equipment questions
- Maintain the public printers and sort print jobs in the absence of ITS staff
- Scan documents for reserve/interlibrary loan as needed
- Respond to security-gate alarms
- Shelf reading of library materials
- Search the stacks for library materials
- Other duties as assigned
Available hours are Sunday – Thursday, 10 pm – 8 am.
Interlibrary Loan Assistant (Spring 2015)
ILL Student Assistants work under the supervision of the library Interlibrary Loan staff. This position does not supervise other student assistants.
- Complete job duties according to departmental procedures
- Retrieve materials from the library stacks using Library of Congress call numbers
- Look up call numbers using the on-line catalog
- Search library databases/web for Borrowing article requests
- Scan journal articles and other materials
- Update, send and receive articles through online software systems
- Package books and other materials for shipment to other libraries
- Open and sort incoming mail
- Prepare and place book straps on items
- Perform filing duties
- Prioritize tasks to efficiently and accurately coordinate ones workflow
- Other duties as assigned
Capable of working independently, the ideal candidate will: be able to follow verbal and written instructions, be detail oriented, able to lift/push at least 40lb, and have windows and office equipment experience. Must be able to work an established schedule between the hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm pm Mon through Fri. Library experience is helpful, but not required.
- Proficient with Windows-based operating systems
- Knowledge of office equipment such as copier, scanner, fax, electric stapler, etc.
- Ability to lift/push at least 40 lbs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Capable of working independently
- Must be able to work an established schedule
- Library experience helpful, but not required
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter/statement of interest, resume, and library application to the Circulation Desk, attn: ILL. Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled. Applicants will be notified by December 12th of the status of their application.
- If you become a fan of the Library on Facebook, you will get a super-secret, extra-early notice of jobs.