From Library Computers
All currently enrolled IC students who have a Netpass account will have an unlimited printing allowance during the Summer Session 2014.
Beginning August 11, 2014, students will have a set printing allowance; approximately 142 double-sided pages (printed on both sides) or 200 single-sided pages. Students can use ID Express for printing needs that exceed the allowance.
For more information on the Ithaca College print management program, see the ITS pages.
To print from a Library computer:
- Open a file; select Print.
- Choose default printer, or WebPrint to release later.
- Set print options; click Print.
- Log in using Netpass credentials.
- Click OK to continue.
- Confirm pages and cost; click Print.
- Pick up print job from the Circulation Desk.
- If you're in a hurry, try our print-only stations. There are two located to the right of the circulation desk on the second floor.
Copying & Scanning
The Library has two copier/scanners located on the main floor. The right copier/scanner accepts change and can print in color from a flash-drive. The left copier/scanner accepts ID Express. Flash-drives are available for check out from the circulation desk. A machine for adding funds to your ID card is located to the right of the copiers on the main floor.
- Please print responsibly. Save a tree.
- E-mail yourself the URLs of sites you are interested in rather than print them.
- Use the "print preview" feature to see how a document will print. Only print when you are satisfied with the preview.
- Watch those PowerPoints! If you're not careful, PowerPoint will print one slide to a page. Try printing as "handouts" to get more slides per page.
- Rather than copying print materials, scan them to read on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Scanning is free—copying costs money.
- Don't resend your job if it doesn't immediately print. There may be other jobs ahead of yours in the queue or the printer may have run out of paper. ITS consultants can help.
- See more tips from ITS.