ICSM We are what we've eaten
Table of Contents
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America : Search and read about the history of food and drink in the United States.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in American: Historical Overview
- Business Insights: Essentials : Find company profiles and history.
- LexisNexis Academic : Find company profiles and product information.
- Good Guide: Find company and product information rated on a 0-10 scale for health, environment, and social responsibility.
- Standard & Poor's industry surveys: Quarterly snapshots of 50 major U.S. industries - including foods & nonalcoholic beverages (vol.1) and restaurants (vol. 2), covering peer companies, industry trends, problems, and prospects.
- ABI/INFORM Complete Click on the "Data and Reports" Tab. Enter your company name & uncheck all of the boxes except Industry Reports & Market Reports
- Dictionary of Food and Nutrition (Oxford Reference Online)
- FDA: Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling: Food Additives and Ingredients section is very interesting.
- CQ Researcher : A great tool for the food system problems and solutions project.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context : A great tool for the food system problems and solutions project.
Books, Ebooks, and Reports
- Salt, Sugar, Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us
- Change comes to dinner : how vertical farmers, urban growers, and other innovators are revolutionizing how America eats
- Seeds of Change: Five Plants that Transformed Mankind
- Diet for a Hot Planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of Your Fork and What You Can Do About It
- Taking Food Public: Redefining Foodways in a Changing World
- Recipe for America : why our food system is broken and what we can do to fix it
- The McDonaldization of Society
- Pandora's lunchbox : how processed food took over the American meal
- Food, Inc. : how industrial food is making us sicker, fatter, and poorer-- and what you can do about it
- No happy cows : dispatches from the frontlines of the food revolution
- The American way of eating : undercover at Walmart, Applebee's, farm fields and the dinner table
- The food of a younger land : a portrait of American food : before the national highway system, before chain restaurants, and before frozen food, when the nation's food was seasonal, regional, and traditional
- Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human
- High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
- The Food and Culture Around the World Handbook
- Paleonutrition: Method and Theory in Prehistoric Foodways
- How Food Made History
- Food in Antiquity
- Taco USA: How Mexican Food Conquered America
- Ancestral Appetites: Food in Prehistory
- The subsistence economies of Indigenous North American societies : a handbook
- Rebuilding the Foodshed: How to Create Local, Sustainable, and Secure Food Systems.
- Three Squares: the Invention of the American Meal.
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition.
- Fair Food: Growing a Healthy, Sustainable Food System for All
- Adventures in Eating : anthropological experiences of dining from around the world
- Evolution of the Human Diet: the Known, the Unknown, and the Unknowable
- Food and Western Disease: Health and Nutrition from an Evolutionary Perspective
- Guts and Brains: An Integrative Approach to the Hominid Record
- Inside Ancient Kitchens: new directions in the study of daily meals and feasts.
- Where am I eating: an adventure through the global food economy
- Chop suey: a cultural history of Chinese food in the United States
- A revolution in eating: how the quest for food shaped America
- Food Allergy
- Front of packaging nutrition rating systems and symbols
- Organic meat production and processing
- Black Gold (Coffee)
- End of the Line (Overfishing)
- Forks Over Knives
- Fast Food Nation
- Food Matters (Nutrition)
- Fresh (Sustainable Agriculture)
- Future of Food (Synthetically Modified Foods)
- Food, Inc
- Gardens of Destiny (Agrobiodiversity)
- King Corn
- Land of Plenty, Land of Want (Agricultural Ecology)
- Our Daily Bread (Family Farms)
- Supersize Me
- Sustainable Table: What's on Your Plate?