Principal Periodical Databases
- LGBT life with Full Text
World's literature regarding Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender issues. (Was GLBT Life with Full Text)
GenderWatch is a full-text database containing 140 international publications plus reports, pamphlets, papers and conference proceedings devoted to women's and gender issues. It is a repository of materials on gender issues worldwide, the evolution of the women's movement, and the changes in gender roles over the last twenty years.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
Comprehensive coverage of sociology and related areas of study: criminology & criminal justice, demography,ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, marriage & family, political sociology, religion, rural & urban sociology, social development, social psychology, social structure, social work, socio-cultural anthropology, sociological history, sociological research, sociological theory, substance abuse & other addictions and violence.
- Gender Studies Collection
This collection of journals aims to provide balanced coverage of this significant aspect of our culture, covering such topics as gender studies, family and marital issues, health aspects, and many more.
- glbtq Encyclopedia self-proclaimed as the "world's largest encyclopedia of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender, and queer culture.
- Lesbian histories and cultures: an encyclopedia good background information, but now more than 15 years old.
- Encyclopedia of gender in media (2012) examines the role of the media in the social construction of gender in modern society.
- Sexual Orientation
- Lesbian couples
- Transgender People
- Gay Liberation Movement
- Gay rights--United States
- Gay youth
- Gay and lesbian studies
- Coming out (Sexual orientation)
- Same sex marriage
Websites of Note
- Transgender Law & Policy Institute
Contains an up-to-date listing of all laws in the US that are transgender-inclusive and resources and information on legal issues affecting transgendered and gender variant people in the US.
- ACLU's LGBT Project: Relationships. Press releases, legal and legislative documents, case profiles, fact sheets, and other resources related to the organization's efforts to secure marriage for same-sex couples and win legal recognition for LGBT relationships.
- LexisNexis Academic